Custom Membrane Switches and Keypads
Membrane switches are an essential component of products ranging from household appliances to sophisticated medical equipment. Achieving the right design depends on the technology and manufacturing quality provided by a custom membrane switch manufacturer.
Dyna-Graphics Corporation designs and manufactures ready-to-use custom membrane switches based on your specifications. Our company has experience working with clients across a range of industries, from agriculture to medical, and will work with you to devise the perfect custom assembly solution.
Any custom assembly design your membrane switch requires, no matter how simple or complex, can be built to your exact specifications. We focus on small- to medium-volume membrane switch production and can work with customer-supplied casings or manufacture them to order.
Our Custom Membrane Switch Technology and Options
As a turnkey membrane switch manufacturer, Dyna-Graphics has wide-ranging production capabilities. We can produce a broad array of custom membrane switch panels, as well as specialty models for unique or challenging applications.
Our membrane switch capabilities include:
- K-Motion membrane switches
- Non-tactile membrane switches
- Plastic dome tactile membrane switches
- Metal dome tactile membrane switches
High-Quality Membrane Keypads with the Functionalities You Need
We bring all the necessary parts and components together to create a finished product that meets your unique requirements: the membrane switch itself, a PCB as part of the assembly, a custom panel to support the switch and PCB, the exterior casing, LED lights, backlighting, waterproofing, and LCD screens, and more.
Depending on your need for backlighting and/or front panel illumination, Dyna-Graphics can produce custom membrane switch panels with embedded LEDs.
We can also produce rugged, extra-durable membrane switch panels. These switches are ideal for applications where the membrane switch may be subject to hard use or abuse due to harsh environmental conditions or work environments.
View samples of our work to see how our membrane switch products can work for you!
K-Motion Membrane Switch Panels
Our K-motion membrane keypads feature conductive silver pad areas separated by screened dielectric spacers. This design is ideal for environments where low actuation forces are needed. Designed for superior durability, these membrane switches show no damage after actuation testing of 5 million cycles with 10 mil Velvet Lexan overlay.
Additional features include:
- Dielectrically shielded to withstand voltage of 500 Volts DC for up to 120 seconds
- Heat-stabilized 5 mil polyester material with 3M 200MP or 300MP adhesives
- Silver-filled conductors with ultraviolet (UV) cured dielectric application
Non-Tactile Membrane Switch Panels
Non-tactile membrane switches do not provide any sort of snap action when a user presses the keypad. This simple and cost-effective design provides reliable function and long cycle life for use in a range of applications. We cycle tested our non-tactile membrane switches well over five million times to ensure high reliability and durability.
- Micro-travel action with actuation forces in the 4- to 8-ounce range.
- Embedded LEDs can be attached to the conductive silver traces for display areas and lighted windows.
Standard Specifications for Membrane Switch Panels
- Operating temperature: -4° to 149°F (-20° to 65°C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
- Seals: 3M permanent acrylic adhesive resists against dust, water, oil and moisture conditions
- Special sealing options are available for wet environments
- Travel: 0.007” to 0.015”
- Operating force: 4 oz. to 8 oz.
- Operating voltage: 30 volts maximum
- Operating current: 10 microamps to 100 milliamps, resistive
- Closed-circuit resistance: 100 ohms typical; dependent on size and layout
- Open circuit resistance: 10 megohms
- Operating power: 1 watt maximum
- Circuitry: X-Y matrix or one side common
Get Started on Your Custom Membrane Switch Project
Founded in 1972, Dyna-Graphics Corporation evolved from a small screen-printing company into an industry-leading membrane switch manufacturer. We have the technology and expertise to bring your custom membrane switch designs to life.