Custom HMI Touch Screens
Products ranging from small handheld devices to sophisticated manufacturing equipment use Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) to allow communication between humans and machinery. Off-the-shelf HMI touchscreens are a relatively inexpensive option for general applications, but sometimes you need a product that meets unique requirements such as size, chemically strengthened glass, or environmental sealing, or other modifications to seamlessly integrate into your existing technology.
Custom HMI Touch Panels Designed and Manufactured to Your Specifications
Whether you have a new design or need someone to reverse engineer an obsolete HMI touch screen, Dyna-Graphics has the skills, equipment, and expertise to create a custom HMI touch panel that meets your needs. We manufacture HMI touch screens in sizes up to 21” diagonal and customize your panel based on glass, overlay material, tail location, value-added assembly options, and more. Give us a call at 800-959-0108 with your project requirements.
Available custom HMI touch screen technology includes:
- Resistive Touch Screens: Includes 4, 5, and 8 wire options. 4 wire mechanical touch screens fit most standard sized Human Machine Interfaces. For larger interfaces, we recommend 8 wire resistive touch screens. We typically deliver touch screens as passive components and can recommend compatible drivers for use with your terminal.
- Capacitive Touch Screens: Provide a more responsive interface and can be made much smaller than a resistive touch screen, making them ideal for handheld electronic devices. We offer several glass screen options, including scratch-resistant and chemical-resistant coatings to improve wear resistance and surface durability.
Custom HMI Touch Screen Capabilities
Dyna-Graphics designs and manufactures custom HMI touch panels in industry standard and custom sizes with a range of terminal options. We can produce just the resistive touchscreen or integrate it with a membrane switch or overlay to create a complete assembly. To ensure durability, we use an optically clear adhesive to bond the touch screen directly to the back of the overlay. The result is a waterproof and weather-proof HMI suitable for indoor or outdoor applications.
Read our whitepapers to learn more about the technology behind our membrane switch and HMI touch screen design.
From single prototypes to short and long run productions, we have the capabilities to handle your custom resistive and capacitive HMI touch screen requests. A few examples of custom HMI touch panels designed by our engineers include:
- Truck Scale Touch Screen: The OEM requested a custom HMI touch panel durable enough for use in rugged, outdoor environments. We designed and manufactured a mechanical touchscreen that met all their functionality requirements with a waterproof design that functions in temperatures ranging from -20°C to +80°C (-4° F to 176°F).
- Agri-Electronics: Modern farming equipment uses sophisticated technology that requires the use of Human Machine Interface control panels. We manufacture custom HMI touch screens for planting and harvesting equipment, dairy equipment, and more.
- Industrial Controls: We create custom HMI touch panels that provide seamless integration with your existing control panels and software. An example includes HMI touchscreen that integrates with a display and programming function to display multiple languages on control panels.
Our touchscreen manufacturing facility is ISO 9001:2015, TS 16949, and ISO 13485 certified and RoHS/REACH compliant to ensure you receive a high-quality product that meets safety standards for electronics equipment.
Request a Quote for Custom HMI Touch Screens
Dyna-Graphics serves engineers and OEMs across various industries to provide customized Human Machine Interface solutions based on your design and operational needs. Use our convenient online form to request a quote or contact us to discuss your application requirements.